February 21, 2011

Rebirth

Much has changed in three years.

So has my life, to a great extent.

The many events that passed in that time have shaped me and forged me as but a humble short sword. (Incidentally, this reminds me of the new University of Dallas president, who took his post last March and was officially inaugurated the following August. In the last six months alone he has revamped the university's appearance, refined the official logo and created an icon to reflect a sword plunging through blue UD letters, with the hilt on the left side. This image proclaims his belief that every student who passes through UD starts as a gleaming block of metal, beaten, chiseled and forged into a sharp sword by the professors in the four years they spend there.)

My regrets for allowing these events to pass out of my reflections are incalculable. My resolve to bring them back, however, puts my regrets to shame. I think it even puts me to shame. (I'm listening to Barber's Adagio for Strings as I type this.) The kind of shame deserved for withholding the most exciting trip to the Eternal City. Shame deserved for keeping out of the public square the radical lessons I glean from Scripture. Shame deserved for holding back my desire to evangelize on the new frontier of the Internet, even if no eyes would have read my testimony. Shame deserved for hiding the most mundane things in my life from the public eye. Shame that moves me to begin anew.

And so I begin once more with this newfound resolve. You'll see a few changes on here within the next week. I will get you squared away with what's happening with me right now, and we'll go from there.

I'm honored that you would join me on my own journey. I'm honored to be a part of yours.

No comments: